Monday 1 December 2014

Christmas Pudding Teacakes


For me, teacakes are synonymous with Christmas.  
Mainly because for years, I have turned them in to these:
...and when I first started blogging, it was the post I was most excited to share.  
Since then, I've exhausted the dressing up of teacakes [ghost & spider Halloween teacakes, anyone?] - but this is, by far, my favourite.  Want to make your own?  Here's how:



What You Need:
Teacakes
White Chocolate
Green and Red Icing Pens

 To start transforming your teacakes into puddings, melt your white chocolate to the point where you melt around 2/3 of your chocolate and mixing with a spoon melt the remainder - this will help ensure the chocolate stays at a fairly thick consistency and also not too hot that it melts through the teacake.  With the spoon take a small portion of the chocolate and starting from the top centre, guide it around the sides in a dripping design:
 ....continue across all your teacakes and leave to set fully
[pop in the fridge to help speed this along if you need]:
 With ready-made icing pens, or royal icing coloured and added to a  piping bag, 
create your holly and berry toppers:
 ...leave to set and your christmas teacake puddings are good to go:
 It really is as quick, simple and easy as that. 
Make them - they go down brilliantly at parties and are so quick and simple to make, you can create them in the little time you have around the Christmas season.  Kids will love having a go too!
[wrap them back up once the chocolate and icing have set to keep them safe for travelling from your home [if they make it that far from the kitchen.........]

Happy December 1st - and so it starts!
More teacake madness? Original post here and added value ideas here.
Share:

2 comments

  1. I love Teacakes and I LOVE this idea! It's wonderful, I am definitely going to give it a try.
    My Dad is Scottish so anything Tunnock's is home for him and white chocolate is his absolute favourite, I can't wait to make these for him! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must! Double chocolate teacakes are always a winner and they are so easy to make - let me see if you do! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig