Friday 10 May 2013

Golden Decoupage Tissue Paper Giraffe



I've used decoupage before with silver tissue paper and I was so pleased with the results and gilded effect that the silver tissue paper created, I was keen to try again with some gold.  
On one of my many trips through HobbyCraft, I decided to check out the DecoPatch section.  I've used the HobbyCraft numbers and have a few symbols and letters that I want to use for projects, but I have been wary of the DecoPatch prices, so have previously steered clear.  
But. I could not resist him.  Look at him:
He was £2.69 and the tissue paper was 89p.  So for a dressing table accessory, he's actually not too bad - and I enjoyed making him with an hour in front of Made in Chelsea [don't tell anyone].
As with my decoupage numbers, I started by cutting small squares of the tissue paper:
then covered a section in PVA glue, using one of my Ikea bargains [£2] - the brush bristles do not come out and get stuck into your beautiful decoupage and you wont be panicking about the glue setting and ruining the brush - buy them:
attaching each square with a little overlap, but not worrying too much about the grain of the
tissue paper matching:
I continued in sections:
...and left to dry overnight:
By morning, he was completely dry and I could tidy him up by covering his feet, neatening up any areas that needed a little more work and leaving him to dry whilst at work:
I love him.  He's called Percy......yup.
I wont lie - the thought of them covering him in gold glitter did cross my mind....but I also found a reindeer...so I will get my wish eventually! See you tomorrow x


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig