Thursday 20 December 2012

Cinnamon and Nut Pastries

My final baking attempt before Christmas and the kitchen is overwhlemed by Mulled wine, Snowballs and mince pies!
Super-duper easy and will keep you happy if you need something to tie you over between meals.

What I Used:
Jus Rol Puff Pastry Sheet
Mixed Nuts
Cinnamon
Golden Caster Sugar
Butter

I love puff pastry, especially when it is premade!  They are so easy to buy, use and versatile - sweet or savory, they have never let me down and I am more than happy not to have to make my own!

The sheet also comes with it's own lining, perfect for using on the table top and for helping roll later. 
I rolled out the sheet and gave the pastry a brush with melted butter:
I then prepared my toppings: mixed nuts:
and a mix of golden caster sugar and cinnamon:
I then generously coated the pastry sheet with both:
Once happy with my filling [not too sweet, but enough to keep people full], I used the lining to
help me roll the pastry sheet widthways as tightly as I could:
Once rolled, I cut the pastry into small sections [around 10 pieces were cut, approx. 5cm in depth]
I then brushed the tops with butter and added more nuts and a sprinkle of sugar/cinnamon mix and transferred on to a baking tray, lined with baking paper:
Pop in the oven, at around 180 degrees C for about 20/25 minutes - or until golden brown:
remove from the oven...and enjoy!
Creating your own pastry rolls could not be easier and you can fill it with whatever taks your fancy - sweet or savory.  Next time, I plan to line the pastry with chocolate spread, just to make sure I get my calcium fix from them as well!
You dont have to make rolls either, you can fold the pastry sheet to create turnovers, or cut into strips and twist.
Whatever you fancy, give it a try!
Update: Mini swirls with chocolate, cranberries, nuts and bacon& brie? Step right up.
Want more Christmas treat ideas, including our Pudding teacakes, marshmallow pops, meringues and more?  Come this way.

Don't forget, you can follow me on Pintrest:
  Follow Me on Pinterest

 and Twitter!
Share:

2 comments

  1. Some students find it difficult to get through the homework of law studies. Due to this, they need assistance from professionals who can aid them in their homework and assignments. If you are the one those students who are looking for the Law Homework Help then they can visit My Assignment Services, which is an online educational platform and an ultimate solution to all of their problems related to legal studies. For more information visit - My Assignment Services.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your sharing of this fantastic blog post. It has been an absolute pleasure to read, and we eagerly anticipate more of your posts in the future. If you happen to be a student in Singapore in need of assistance with your assignments, you've certainly come to the right place. Our team is composed of experienced writers and subject matter experts who are fully dedicated to providing top-notch assignment help for students in Singapore, regardless of whether they are in school or at the university level. Furthermore, we are readily available to support you with proofreading and editing services, ensuring that your work reaches the highest level of quality.

    ReplyDelete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig