Wednesday 19 December 2012

Candy Cane White Chocolate Bark

Seriously. Yum.

What I Used:
2 Large Milky Bars
2 Peppermint Candy Canes

These are so, so simple - perfect if you want to make something Christmas-y, or make a foodie gift, but short of time [or by now, patience] and can be tailored to anybody with almost anything.  Perfect.
To start, melt your chosen chocolate in a pan on the hob, or bowl in the microwave.  Prepare a mould or tray with baking paper [I didnt have the size mould I wanted, so folded a piece of baking paper, as long as the width of my tray and created a lining to stop the chocolate spreading and further than the size I wanted] and pour you melted chocolate to fill:

Leave to set  for around 5/10 minutes and in the meantime prepare your topping:

I smashed 2 candy canes with a rolling pin [tip - unless you are happy to find bits of candy cane all over your kitchen, stuck to the bottom of your feet for days after etc, keep the candy cane in its wrapper and smash - then open].
Sprinkle your topping over the top of the chocolate and leave to completely set in a cool area [if you are really short of time and using chocolate bars like Milky Bar, Galaxy, Dairy Milk etc, you can pop this in the fridge as the chocolate has already been processed and doesn't need to temper in the same way as real cocao chocolate]:
Once fully set [this wont take long], lift from the baking tray/mould and transfer on to a board:
You could leave the chocolate as it is, especially if you have made it for just one person:
Or grab a knife/break with your hands and chop the bar up into smaller pieces:
The candy cane / white chocolate mix is seriously yummy - I could eat it all day...
...and nearly did [this is the quantity I ended up offering to other people-ooops]:
Have a go - I can't wait to make alternatives for birthday foodie gifts and plan to mix white and milk chocolate and try caramel / toffee / marshmallow and nut toppings [maybe not all together, but I like an experiment].
Want more Christmas treat ideas, including our Pudding teacakes, marshmallow pops, meringues and more?  Come this way.

Don't forget, you can follow me on Pintrest:
  Follow Me on Pinterest

 and Twitter!
Share:

4 comments

  1. These look so lovely!! I made some fudge the other day and I think another chocolate treat might have to make its way into my home this week. I am so glad I came across your blog!! I will definitely be following you on bloglovin! xx. McKenna Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found me! Thank you so much for your lovely comments - do have a go! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some students find it difficult to get through the homework of law studies. Due to this, they need assistance from professionals who can aid them in their homework and assignments. If you are the one those students who are looking for the Law Homework Help then they can visit My Assignment Services, which is an online educational platform and an ultimate solution to all of their problems related to legal studies. For more information visit - My Assignment Services.

    ReplyDelete

© The Things She Makes | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig